Estepona is one of the most versatile locations in Spain when it comes to sports. Its mild weather all year round and the world-class sports facilities, plus the pleasant atmosphere and the availability of all kinds of services, enable the practice of all types of sports: tennis, football, basketball, swimming, surfing, sailing, diving, kayaking, hiking and, of course, golf. Andalusia at large is an idyllic setting to improve your swing in the most modern golf courses by the sea.
Sports in Estepona
- Golf in Estepona: Lying near the so-called Golf Valley, Estepona is a unique meeting point for golfers. Surrounded by top-level golf courses, it offers a full range of services: academies, tournaments, practice areas for experienced players, lessons for beginners, and so on.
- Sailing at the marina: One of the best sailing schools in Spain can be found in Estepona and its Royal Yacht Club. It organises regattas in several classes, offers lessons for would-be sailors of all ages, rents boats and sailboats for a ride along the bay, etc. Luxury options for lovers of the sea.
- Horse riding on the Costa del Sol: Riding a horse on amazing beaches, training on a fine Andalusian specimen, galloping down trails amidst native plants and trees… Estepona is a perfect destination for horse lovers. In fact, it boasts one of the best equestrian schools in Andalusia; it is located in the area of El Padrón.
- Hiking in Sierra Bermeja: Sierra Bermeja is Estepona’s most impressive natural area. Here there are hiking trails for all and sundry. Los Reales de Sierra Bermeja is one of the most scenic and popular routes, but there are many others; for instance, the Hike of Spanish Firs. Given the mild weather in the area, hiking is a sport to do all year round.
- Mountain biking in Estepona: Year in, year out, Estepona welcomes hundreds of bikers. In fact, it is one of the few destinations in coastal Andalusia that host official MTB races. The wonderful geography of Sierra Bermeja affords picturesque routes like those to Casares, Puerto Peñas and Altabacales Bajos.