Hotels in Mexico
Food specialties of Mexico
- Since 2010, the gastronomy of Mexico has been considered part of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, which the country is extremely proud of and encourages many people to enjoy its succulent dishes.
- Corn is one of the key products in the preparation of many recipes. Not only is it eaten on the cob, but it is also the basis of foods such as tortillas for making tacos or burritos, and tamales, which are delicious steamed corn dough to which various ingredients are added and then wrapped in the husks.
- The most popular recipes of Mexican gastronomy in the world are, among others, tacos al pastor, chicken fajitas, delicious steaks, quesadillas, enchiladas, ropa vieja and chilaquiles. They are the result of one of the most elaborate cuisines of the world.
- Fish and seafood are one of the foundations of this cuisine. You can have it fried, breaded or in a ceviche, which is one of the country's most popular dishes.
- Sauces, condiments and side dishes. If you had to add another adjective to describe Mexican cuisine, it would probably be spicy. The gastronomic tradition of the country uses many sauces made with vinegar, chipotle or an assortment of different types and intensities of chilis which are not suitable for all tastes. The most popular seasoning for Mexican recipes is lemon, which is added to many dishes to enhance the flavors even more. In addition, most of the recipes are usually served with beans and guacamole.
- Mexico is also famous for its alcoholic drinks. Tequila and the ritual for drinking it are very well known, but there are two other national drinks, pulque and sotol.
HOTELS IN MEXICO
Hotels in Cancún
From USD 216 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
Hotels in Cozumel
From USD 135 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
Hotels in Riviera Maya
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Paraíso
From USD 363 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Paraíso Beach
From USD 175 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Paraíso Del Mar
From USD 167 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Paraíso Lindo
From USD 199 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Paraíso Maya
From USD 245 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
From USD 181 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
From USD 225 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
Hotels in Riviera Nayarit
IBEROSTAR Playa Mita
From USD 186 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more