Hotels in Tunisia
The most important Tunisian holidays and festivals
- February. Ramadan. During this religious fasting period, Muslims refrain from eating, drinking, and sexual relations during the day. At sundown, everyone unites and celebrates with a large family meal.
- March 20th. Independence Day. On this day, the nation commemorates the formation of its first government after 20 years of fighting.
- April 9th. Martyrs Day. Tunisians pay tribute to the fallen in 1938 and the arrest of Bourgiba.
- April 18th. Sacrifice of Abraham Day. This religious holiday commemorates Abraham's intent to sacrifice his own son, Ishmael.
- June – July. Hammamet International Festival. This lively festival showcases regional songs in everything from theater performance to folkloric dances.
- July 25th. Republic Day. This holiday pays tribute to the declaration of the Republic of Tunisia in 1957 via the overthrow of the monarchy.
- July – August. Monastir Festival. Taking place at the end of July and beginning of August, this vibrant light and music show portrays the Islamic conquest.
- October 15th. Evacuation Day. This day commemorates the retreat of French troops from the city of Bizerta in 1962.
- October. Carthage International Film Festival. Every two years the island of Carthage hosts this festival specifically dedicated to cinematographic arts.
- November 7th. New Era Day. November 7th celebrates the rise of Zine El Abidine Ben Ali to the Tunisian presidency following a coup d'etat in 1987.
HOTELS IN TUNISIA
Hotels in Djerba
IBEROSTAR Mehari Djerba
From 29€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
Hotels in Hammamet
Hotels in Mahdia
IBEROSTAR Royal El Mansour & Thalasso
From 36€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
Hotels in Sousse
IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous
From 33€ person/night (Taxes included)view more