Gastronomic specialties of Jamaica
- Jamaican gastronomy is a mixture of mainly African and English cuisine with an intense taste due to the amount of spices used to marinate the dishes. The basis of Jamaican cuisine is very healthy and consists of fish, poultry, rice, vegetables, fruits and spices.
- Typical dishes: Jamaican jerk chicken and pork, mango chutney, ackee and salt fish (Jamaican national dish), rundown (a dish prepared with fish and vegetables cooked with coconut milk, peppers and spices). To accompany the dishes, bammy, a round bread made with yucca is served.
- What most characterizes Jamaican cuisine is its variety of spices such as ginger or curry. Jamaica pepper is known for its spiciness and strong aroma.
- Typical drinks of the island have an intense taste, such as Jamaican rum and coffee liqueur, plus all kinds of juices and fruit smoothies. Another famous fine rum is Appleton, which offers one of the best brands of aged rums.
Which hotels does IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts have in Jamaica?
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts has three 5-star luxury resorts in Jamaica with a wide range of facilities, entertainment and cuisine.
- The IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Hotel
- The IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Rose Hall
- The IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites Hotel