Hotels in Dominican Republic
The most important festivals of the Dominican Republic
- January 21. Day of the Lady of Altagracia. La Virgen de la Altagracia is considered by Catholics as the Protector and Spiritual Mother of the Dominican Republic. Her feast day is January 21, a holiday on which many faithful followers flock to the temple in Higuey to worship the Virgin.
- February 27. National Independence Day. Dominicans celebrate the day on which they drove out the Haitians who occupied their country for 22 years. During this month, various events are held to commemorate the heroes who fought for national independence.
- February. Dominican Carnival. The Dominican Carnival is one of the most colorful and lively traditions of the Dominican Republic. Carnival is celebrated in all regions of the country, where costumes and masks with different meanings are used. On February 27, coinciding with National Independence, a Carnival parades takes place in main cities. The most famous are in Santo Domingo, La Vega and Santiago.
- July. Merengue Festival. Every year, Santo Domingo dances to the rhythm of merengue. The capital of the Dominican Republic celebrates the merengue festival for one whole week during which the city is filled with music, dance, markets and food stalls.
- August 16. Restoration Day. Dominicans celebrate another historic day in the festival calendar: the day of the Restoration of Dominican Sovereignty which was under the domination of the Spanish Crown in 1863.
- November 6. Constitution Day. On November 6, 1844 the first Dominican Constitution was proclaimed, known as "The Constitution of San Cristobal", written in the city of San Cristobal, therefore known as "The Constitution of San Cristobal".
HOTELS IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Hotels in Bayahibe
IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus
From USD 101 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more
Hotels in Puerto Plata
IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada
From USD 76 PP/PN (Taxes included)view more