Sports: Playa de Palma
Playa de Palma is a place to enjoy sports with your family or friends: hiking, cycle touring, sailing, kayaking, jet skiing, diving, running… Modern facilities and a location close to Sierra de Tramuntana and amazing natural areas like those in Migjorn invite visitors to engage in all manners of outdoor activities, from riding a horse to playing golf.
Sports in Playa de Palma
- Golf in Playa de Palma: The city is surrounded by some of the best golf courses in Majorca, delighting elegant golfers with magnificent landscapes: Maioris/Llucmajor cliffs, Son Vida hills… 18-hole courses for players of all levels.
- Sailing in S’Arenal: On S’Arenal beach, in the south of Playa de Palma, there is the S’Arenal Royal Yacht Club, a renowned sailing school and a meeting point for sea-loving locals in the Palma bay. The club organises intensive courses for visitors and regattas all year round.
- Paddle tennis in Playa de Palma: Paddle tennis is an incredibly popular sport in Playa de Palma. There are many top-rate courts to play across the city, close to the beach, and local tournaments unfolding all the time.
- Cycle touring in Llucmajor: Cycling is one of the most popular sports in Playa de Palma. The area attracts many professional cycling teams, coming for their pre-season training sessions. To the south, in Llucmajor, there are several safe signposted trails for cycle tourers.
- Running along the sea promenade: Running is a very simple sport. Perhaps this is why its fans are counted by the thousands. In Playa de Palma, they get up early in the morning to feel the sea breeze in their faces. Most of them choose the sea promenade connecting Playa de Palma with Palma for their morning or sunset runs, covering many kilometres by the Mediterranean Sea.
HOTELS IN PLAYA DE PALMA
Hotels in Playa de Palma
IBEROSTAR Royal Cristina
From 32€ person/night (Taxes included)View more
IBEROSTAR Royal Cupido
From 33€ person/night (Taxes included)View more
IBEROSTAR Royal Playa de Palma
From 73€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 6 stays for free (from 07/01/2016 to 11/02/2016). 2nd child aged 2 to 6 stays for free (from 07/01/2016 to 11/02/2016).