- Moroccan cookery is a feast for the senses. This country's cuisine is iconic for perfumed aromas and bittersweet dishes, attributed to its Mediterranean, African, and Middle Eastern influences.
- Couscous is Morocco's signature dish. These little pearls of semolina are steamed and accompanied with vegetables and chicken or lamb. The types of added ingredients vary according to the region. Tagines are also an emblematic dish. These meat stews with vegetables and dried fruits are slow cooked in a cone-shaped vessel bearing the same name.
- Vegetables are a staple in Moroccan cuisine. One of the most popular is eggplant; but all types of produce are prepared according to different methods such as steaming, baking, or mixing into salads.
- Chicken, poultry, and lamb are the most commonly utilized proteins in Moroccan gastronomy. Steaming, marinating, and stewing are the foundations of authentic meals like tanzhiyya. Fish is consumed along the coastal region. Fish are cooked or fried for specialties such as sharmoola: fish with olives, cilantro, parsley, onions, pepper, ginger, lemon juice, and salt.
- Herbs and spices are a vital factor in the nation's recipes. The most common include cinnamon, cumin, black pepper, ginger, sesame, mint, and saffron. Flavoring food with olives, oranges, and lemons is also commonplace as well.
- Decadent desserts prepared with honey, sesame seeds, almonds, and grapes are a fabulous accompaniment to traditional mint tea.
Which IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts are in Morocco?
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts is proud to present hotels in two of Morocco's tourist destinations: one along the Mediterranean Sea and the other along the Atlantic Ocean.
- IBEROSTAR Founty Beach Hotel
- IBEROSTAR Saïdia Hotel
HOTELS IN MOROCCO
Hotels in Agadir
IBEROSTAR Founty Beach
From 65€ person/night (Taxes included)View more
Hotels in Berkane
From 52€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 15 stays for free (from 05/01/2015 to 10/19/2015).