Jandía is a great place to unwind with your family or partner and be in contact with nature. In Jandía, outdoor adventures like a sunset or a day on the beach can become unforgettable memories. Eating fish right from the port of Morro Jable, walking down quaint alleyways, mingling with locals at the busy market… You can have a thousand and one different experiences in Jandía that will make your trip unique – always.
Experiences in Jandía: What to do
- Street markets in Jandía: On Thursdays, from 9am to 2pm, the streets of Jandía get filled with colours and people. The weekly market offers golden opportunities to find that little something to take back home: crafts, clothes, accessories, toys… Another market is held on Wednesdays in Morro Jable.
- A day at the Jandía zoo: The Stella Canaris Zoo in Jandía is one of the most popular attractions with families with kids. In addition to seeing all kinds of animals (parrots, alligators, etc.), visitors can attend shows and educational workshops.
- Dinner in Morro Jable: A traditional fishing village, Morro Jable boasts some of the best fish restaurants in Fuerteventura. Some of them, like La Laja o El Clavijo (on Avenida del Saladar) are more than 30 years old. Tuna salad, shrimp, papas arrugás with mojo sauce... Many of the restaurants have terraces overlooking the sea, which makes them ideal for a snack and a drink at sunset.
- Camel back ride: Camels used to be a usual means of transport in Fuerteventura. Now there are companies organising camelback tours of Jandía and the beaches – an exciting family experience. El Oasis Park, on the general road to Jandía, is a themed tropical park featuring the largest camel population in Europe. It offers safaris for visitors of different ages.
- Kites on Jandía beach: The winds rocking the southern coast of Fuerteventura are perfect for a fun afternoon with kids on the beach. One of the most popular activities on Jandía beach is kite running – an original way of taking advantage of the mild weather in the area.