Hotels in Jandia
Jandía is a beautiful peninsula on the southern tip of Fuerteventura island. The beaches are wild, long white sands with a moderate swell and shallow waters. They are ideal for a sun and sand holiday with children, a relaxing couple’s getaway or a sports vacation with friends, surfing, scuba diving, sailing.
Main beaches in Jandía
- El Matorral beach: This flour-like white sand beach of over 4.3km long. It lies just a pebble’s throw from the charming fishing village of Morro Jable, which makes it the main beach in Jandía. It is divided by the Morro Jable lighthouse into two distinct areas, one for nudist visitors (north) and one for non-nudists (south).
- Sotavento Beach: This beach’s name has to do with its location, catching the winds that draw zillions of surfers, windsurfers and kitesurfers every year. With a moderate swell, this easily accessed beach offers a wide range of facilities and services. At low tide, the sea forms a lake where children love to splash around.
- Costa Calma beach: 2.1km of white sand and crystal-clear water have turned this beach into one of the most popular in Fuerteventura. With a moderate swell, it has a nice sea promenade, flanked by palm trees. It is 40m wide and only mildly inclined, and has a family atmosphere.
- Cofete beach: At the other side of the Jandía Nature Park mountains, this beach welcomes visitors with spectacular landscapes in golden, turquoise and light blue shades. It can be accessed via a hiking trail that also reaches Pico de la Zarza, the highest peak in Fuerteventura. It is the perfect choice for a full day outing.
- Barlovento beach: Very close to Cofete, on the same side of the Jandía mountains, this 5.7km-long sand is the ideal place to get away from it all. Strong winds and powerful waves make it different from other beaches in Jandía.