Activities in Jandía range from art and the avant-garde, with fabulous museums and interesting art exhibitions, to genuine folk traditions celebrated on the narrow streets in the centre of town. The mix of past and present is captivating, wrapping visitors in one of the most exclusive atmospheres on the Canaries.
What to do and what to see in Jandía
- El Saladar de Jandía (Salt Marsh): This protected natural area has a high environmental value. The vegetation gets flooded with the tides, and the salt accumulates in curious ponds. One of the largest salt marshes on the Canary Islands, El Saladar de Jandía offers limited access due to environmental reasons.
- Port of Morro Jable: Morro Jable is a fishing village that opens up to tourists. The most charming area is the port and its surroundings, where inshore fishermen take their nets and falúas (barges) to sea. To the area’s natural beauty you should add the busy and colourful life of locals.
- Lighthouse in Solana Matorral: Standing on the tip of the peninsula of Jandía, next to the part of Sotavento beach that is closest to El Matorral or Jandía beach, this modern lighthouse guides fishing boats and other ships sailing across the peninsula. It is set against a heavenly landscape.
- Jandía Waterfront Promenade: Running from Jandía beaches to Morro Jable, past El Saladar and the lighthouse, this is charming and modern promenade features a comfortable and safe bike lane for family excursions by the sea. Many of the restaurants in Morro Jable have terraces facing it.
- Aloe Vera Visitor Centre: Located in Morro Jable, it offers all the information available on this succulent plant growing in Fuerteventura, with amazing skin care properties.
HOTELS IN JANDIA
Hotels in Jandia
IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura Palace
From 35€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!view more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 7 stays for free (from 01/01/2015 to 04/30/2016).
IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas
From 69€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!view more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 7 stays for free (from 01/01/2015 to 12/31/2015).
IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park
From 83€ person/night (Taxes included)view more