Hotels in Font de sa Cala
The festive calendar of Sa Font de sa Cala and the neighbouring villages help understand the local spirit of north-eastern Majorca, where folk traditions and religious feelings blend with modern celebrations on the beach, concerts by international bands, classical music, medieval markets and children’s games. Fun goes on all year round here.
Major events in Sa Font de sa Cala
- 16/17 January – Feast of Saint Anthony the Great: The feast of Sant Antoni, or Saint Anthony, is a deeply-rooted tradition in Capdepera. Every year, traditional celebrations appeal to mystery, magic and holy events, bonfires and processions. The most striking events are the lighting of the bonfires and the dimonis (daemons), who run along the lively streets, mingling with locals.
- May – Medieval Market: One of the main events in Capdepera, the Medieval Market draws hundreds of visitors and onlookers from all over the islands and beyond. It is a town-size performance where everyone is involved. The nerve centre is the castle and the surrounding area. There are stands with sellers wearing period costumes, flags and banners on the streets, etc.
- August – Feasts of Saint Bartholomew and Saint Roch: A major event in Sa Font de sa Cala, they are held in late August, offering activities for visitors of all ages. The traditional opening speech, the music time, the evening cookout, the triathlon in Cala Agulla… A full programme going on for several days.
- July – Summer concerts: Enjoy a warm Mediterranean evening listening to music, with the sea as backdrop, is one of the most beautiful experiences you can have in north-eastern Majorca. The concert programme in Sa Torre Cega, Cala Ratjada, organised by the Bartolomé March Foundation, is a must in the Majorcan summer.
- 16 July – Feast of El Carmen in Cala Ratjada: One of the most beautiful sea-related festivals takes place in July in Cala Ratjada. The streets get white garlands, while sailors take their Patroness, Virgin Mary, on a procession at sea, with a fleet sailing along the coast. Merrymaking goes on for a week; there are street parties, children’s games and, of course, lots of visitors.
- December – Feast of Our Lady of Hope: Capdepera’s Patroness has her feast late in the year, in the midst of heartfelt celebrations. According to legend, Our Lady of Hope saved the local castle from a pirate attack – the event is re-enacted during the feast. Religious feeling and folk tradition reach their peak at the sermon of Sa Boira.
HOTELS IN FONT DE SA CALA
Hotels in Cala Ratjada - Font de Sa Cala
IBEROSTAR Pinos Park
From 35€ person/night (Taxes included)view more