Events, feasts and festivals in Chiclana form a cultural offer for people of all ages and tastes. There are traditional festivals, chill-out parties at sea, flamenco cante or theatre festivals… In sum, a fascinating calendar of events in Chiclana.
Major events in Chiclana
- May – Modern Theatre Festival: Every year in May, Chiclana celebrates theatre. The Moderno Theatre, bearing the name of the former cinema theatre it is housed in, stages a special festival that gathers theatre-goers of all ages.
- June – Saint Anthony’s Fair: Food, dance, horseback rides... Saint Anthony’s Fair is held in the first half of June to honour the unofficial patron saint of Chiclana, taking hundreds of people to the streets.
- 23 June – Saint John’s Eve, patron saint of Chiclana: In the shortest night of the year, this coastal town of Cádiz celebrates Midsummer Night. Juanillos (giants and big-headed figures) are burnt in bonfires as people dance, sing and eat snails – the typical dish of the region at this time of year.
- July – White Sunsets in Chiclana: The island of Sancti Petri is the venue of the White Sunset Party, where there is chill-out music, cocktails and a visit to the castle. Reservations are made at the boat that departs from the marina in Sancti Petri.
- 16 July – Feast of El Carmen: The feast honouring the Patroness of seafarers takes place every year in the form of a procession to La Barrosa beach. Fishermen boats are decorated with dozens of flowers and get into the sea carrying the figure of Virgin Mary.
- August – ‘Chiclana con Salero’ Flamenco Festival: Chiclana is the homeland of flamenco. Big flamenco figures were born in Chiclana and succeeded everywhere else in Spain. This flamenco festival is held in Chiclana in August to promote local singers and dancers.
- October/November – Flamenco cante: ‘Ciudad de Chiclana’ is a flamenco event for cante enthusiasts held on Fridays in autumn
HOTELS IN CHICLANA
Hotels in Chiclana
IBEROSTAR Royal Andalus
From 44€ person/night (Taxes included)view more