The nine Iberostar Hotels & Resorts establishments in Mexico and the three in Jamaica have obtained certification, rewarding the company's commitment to environmental protection and to the communities in which it operates
All Iberostar hotels in Mexico and Jamaica have obtained the Green Globe certification. The exhaustive, auditing process carried out at the different establishments has highlighted the efforts made by Iberostar Hotel & Resorts to practice responsible tourism and minimise environmental impact.
Green Globe is a leading programme, at international level, in the certification of sustainability in tourism and its analysis includes indicators such as energy management, water use and land use. It also looks at other criteria such as waste management and the social and cultural development of the regions.
To supplement this, the company provides the tools which tourism companies need to efficiently improve their sustainability policies in economic, social and environmental areas.
In compliance with the Green Globe standards, the Iberostar establishments in Mexico and Jamaica have implemented ambitious programmes aimed at assuring the optimal use of resources whilst respecting the environment.
In Mexico, through the “Think Green” programme, Iberostar has initiated the implementation of various types of action, the most prominent of which are:
· Reduction of greenhouse gases through technologies which ensure the optimum use of energy resources
· Automation of the electrical system and air-conditioning with motion sensors
· Periodic studies which help to detect areas for possible energy reduction
· Re-use of water through the treatment of waste water. All of the water consumed is treated and used for irrigation
· Use of biodegradable cleaning products
· Management of solid waste and promotion of a culture of recycling among the guests
· Promotion of economic development through the sustainable-purchasing policy
Iberostar focuses on the sustainable development of its hotels and its rigorous compliance with international standards, regarding respect for the environment, has ensured that all Iberostar establishments in Mexico and Jamaica have obtained the Green Globe certification. The hotels are:
Mexico: Iberostar Grand Paraíso, Iberostar Selection Paraíso Maya, Iberostar Selection Paraíso Lindo, Iberostar Paraíso Beach, Iberostar Paraíso del Mar, Iberostar Tucán, Iberostar Quetzal, Iberostar Cozumel and Iberostar Selection Cancún
Jamaica: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Iberostar Selection Rose Hall Suites, Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts continues to work on the sustainable development of all of its establishments, a policy which has become a fundamental pillar in the company's values and vision.
For more information: iberostar.com