Hotels in Zarzis
The experiences for visitors in Zarzis highlight the varied landscapes and resources of this town in the southeast coast of Tunisia: wonderful beaches, beautiful polychrome lakes, oases at the doorway to the Sahara, islands that are a winter retreat for pink flamingos… There are a thousand and one things for the whole family to do in Zarzis, one of the top tourist attractions on the coast of Tunisia.
Experiences in Zarzis: What to do
- Trip to Flamingo Island: Zarzis is less than a sixty-minute drive from Djerba and its capital, Houmt Souk. From there you can go on a nice trip on this part of the Tunisian coast to Flamingo Island, a quiet area with calm, shallow waters looking like a natural lagoon that can be reached on boat. You can have a picnic and watch the wonderful pink flamingos that come to spend the winter months on the island shore.
- Shopping in the souk of Zarzis: Spices, fresh produce, leather accessories or ceramics, decoration items in the Arab style… The souk of Zarzis is an experience filled with colours, shapes and flavours that cannot be missed during your holiday in Tunisia. The souk is not that big but it is a most genuine Tunisian open-air marketplace in the southeast of the country. It is open Monday and Friday.
- Quad biking in Medenine: For thrills of the sporty kind, rent a quad bike to explore the area surrounding Zarzis and the region of Medenine. A quad ride will show you the landscape contrasts between the deserted areas on the south-eastern part of Tunisia and beaches in Zarzis.
- Day trip to El Bibane lake: A trip to this saltwater lake close to Zarzis can be a unique experience, an encounter with Tunisia’s natural wonders. The lake is an important source of salt, one of the country’s major exports, and it shines with shades of red that make great photographs.
- Bathing in Ksar Ghilane oasis: This green area, a natural gem in Tunisia, is about an hour-drive from Zarzis, in Jebil National Park, on the edge of the Sahara. A walk in the shade of trees, a peaceful time in a tent or a bath in the spring are some of the multiple ways to have fun with your family in Ksar Ghilane.
HOTELS IN ZARZIS
Hotels in Zarzis
IBEROSTAR Safira Palms
From 29€ person/night (Taxes included)view more