Hotels in Zarzis
Participating in the feasts and festivals in Zarzis can be a good way of getting to know the town’s culture and people, having a good time and gathering experiences to remember back home. There are religious feasts marked on the Muslim calendar but also a handful of festive events to enjoy with your family that are held along the coast of Zarzis.
Major events in Zarzis
- April – Open-Air Film Festival: Zarzis holds a nice annual film festival in the open air, screening interesting movies that locals enjoy very much, since they can be defined as film enthusiasts. Every year in April, the streets get crowded with lovers of cinema who celebrate the art of movie making.
- June – Visual Arts Festival: One of the cultural events of the year in Zarzis is a well-organised painting festival that gathers numerous artists from all over the country. Some peculiar painting techniques, such as painting on glass or textiles, catch visitors’ attention.
- July/August – Ulysses Festival in Djerba: This international festival held in Djerba in the summer months includes music, cinema and theatre, plus cultural events aimed at disseminating the local heritage among tourists. Djerba lies on the south-eastern coast of Tunisia, only 40 minutes from the centre of Zarzis.
- August – Ceramics Festival: This arts & crafts festival is staged every year in Guellala, a 30-minute drive from Zarzis. There are ceramics made in the area, a full day of sports competitions and even a day devoted to the little ones, with games and local music and dance.
- September – Windsurfing Regatta: On the south-eastern coast of Tunisia they hold the most important annual windsurfing regatta in the country, with surfers from around the world and an interesting programme of side events for amateurs and visitors.
- November – Puppet Festival: This festival staged in November in Djerba is ideal to share the local culture with the little ones. A number of stages put on all types of performances, from classical puppet theatre to new adventures that will help unlock children’s imagination – and their parents’.
- December – Olive Festival: The Olive Festival in Zarzis celebrates the end of the olive harvest season. Olives are a main staple in Zarzis, a rural village considered to be the capital of this typically Mediterranean fruit in Tunisia. The festival gets filled with local art and culture, and visitors are invited to go to a real farm and watch the olive harvesters do their work.
HOTELS IN ZARZIS
Hotels in Zarzis
IBEROSTAR Safira Palms
From 29€ person/night (Taxes included)view more