At Yaiza, visitors discover a whole new world full of sensations. In a unique setting in the south of Lanzarote, they can enjoy a landscape dominated by volcanic features, watch the sun going down on a terrace in a fishing village or go by boat across La Bocaina strait to the islet of Lobos or the neighbouring Fuerteventura.
What to do in Yaiza
- Yaiza volcano tour: The trip starts at Timanfaya National Park, on the islet of Hilario, and passes through an amazing array of craters, seas of lava, vertigo-inducing ravines, caves, lakes, etc. If you can, allow some time to visit Los Hervideros.
- Walking across Playa Blanca: This coastal village has retained its charm in spite of being a tourist destination all year round. Walk along the streets, go shopping or have a drink on a terrace as locals do.
- Tasting wine in La Geria: La Geria is a well preserved rural area in Lanzarote. In the past years, it has gained fame thanks to its excellent wines. The vineyards are open to visitors, who will learn how vine-growers dig a hole to plant the vine and then put up a low stone wall around it to protect it from the wind. After the stroll outdoors, a wine tasting in the winery is a must.
- Shopping at the Uga market: The Uga market has survived to this day in Yaiza. It was modernised and expanded to sell traditional and new products, organic foods, and to host cultural activities or other traditional events. Its full name is Uga Traditional Agricultural, Cattle, Fishing and Crafts Market, and it is open on Saturday and Sunday.
- Visit to Lobos and Fuerteventura: From the marina on Playa Blanca you can go on a day trip to the islet of Lobos and the neighbouring island of Fuerteventura. The trip is nice and safe, perfect to enjoy with the family.
HOTELS IN YAIZA
Hotels in Yaiza
IBEROSTAR La Bocayna Village
From 66€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 8 to 14 stays for free (from 06/15/2015 to 06/30/2015). 2nd child aged 8 to 14 stays for free (from 06/15/2015 to 06/30/2015).
IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park
From 39€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 7 stays for free (from 01/01/2015 to 04/30/2016). 2nd child aged 2 to 7 stays for free (from 01/01/2015 to 04/30/2016).