Hotels in Turkey
The most important Turkish holidays and festivals
- Mid-January. Selçuk Camel Fight. This is one of Turkey's most popular holidays as well as the most striking and bright for travellers.
- April 23rd. National Sovereignty and Children's Day. Commemorating Atatürk, the Turkish leader and country's president who dedicated the country to the children. On April 23rd, the entire nation participates in exciting children's activities.
- October 29th. Republic Day. This holiday pays tribute to the founding of the Republic of Turkey by Atatürk in 1923. Every year the national holiday's festivities begin at the mausoleum erected in honor of the late president's death. Other celebrationsar carried out throughout the country.
- August 30th. Victory Day. Another tribute to ex-president Atatürk, the country celebrates the victory of the War of Turkish Independence. The entire nation fills with flags and other commemorative gestures.
- Beginning of June. Fight of Sarayiçi. This Turkish town celebrates the popular yet curious festival of oil wrestling.
HOTELS IN TURKEY
Hotels in Antalya
From 72€ person/night (Taxes included)view more