Hotels in Tenerife
There are many curious stories about Tenerife that reveal an awesome, magical side of the island. Stories, legends, records and other curious facts are written on the pages that tell the history of the island people and their traditions. If you want to know why Tenerife is the way it is, you must find out what makes it different.
History of Tenerife and curious facts:
- Las Nieves island: You might think the name ‘Las Nieves’ (nieve means ‘snow’ in Spanish) is misleading, since Tenerife has a mild weather with no distinct seasons. However, the Romans called the island ‘Nivaria’ (Snow Island) because Mount Teide was snow-capped. Interestingly, the Palmeros called the island ‘Tenerife’ or ‘white mount’: ‘tiner’ means ‘mount’ and ‘ifer’, white.
- The Spanish island with the largest population: Tenerife is the largest Spanish island. It has a surface area of 2,000 km2 and a year-round population of nearly 1 million.
- La Laguna lake: La Laguna is a municipality that owes its name (laguna stands for ‘lake’) to a big lake that used to supply water to the whole area. Today, it is only noted after a very wet season of heavy rains.
- The most visited park: Teide National Park, named a Site Heritage by UNESCO, is the most visited in the country, with 2.8 million visitors a year, and is the third oldest national park in Spain.
- A top tourist attraction: Costa Adeje is one of the three areas in Tenerife that attract the highest numbers of tourists – almost half of the 5.5 million visitors that come to the island every year.
- Puerto de la Orotava: Puerto de la Cruz was formerly Puerto de la Orotava. The municipality of Puerto de la Orotava is part of La Orotava valley, a pioneering tourist attraction on the island because it was home to the first spa and clinic for visitors.
HOTELS IN TENERIFE
Hotels in Tenerife
From 112€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa
From 36€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador
From 149€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Mencey
From 55€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Salomé
From 223€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Las Dalias
From 35€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa
From 45€ person/night (Taxes included)view more