Hotels in Sunny Beach
The calendar of popular festivals and events on Sunny Beach is packed with activities, especially during the long summer season the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria is blessed with. Variety is one of the attractions, as events range from electronic music and pop concerts to folk festivals, traditional dance and heart-felt religious feasts.
Major events in Sunny Beach
- May – St Vlas Fair: This little fishing village at the foot of the Balkan Mountains (Stara Planina) holds its main fair on 2 May, coinciding with Saint Athanasius’s Day. The day begins with a sermon praising Saint Blaise, which is followed by all kinds of activities, including concerts, traditional dances and fireworks.
- June – Summer Festival in Varna: Theatre, art, classical music… The largest city on the Bulgaria Black Sea coast is home to a full programme of cultural activities in the summer months. The festival comprises folk art and music with modern styles like jazz.
- July – St Vlas International Regatta: Held every year from 18 to 20 July across Nessebar bay, this sailing regatta is dedicated to the village’s patron, Saint Blaise. St Vlas is home to Bulgaria’s largest marina, Marina Dinevi, built in 2007 and housing some of the most luxurious yachts and boats in the Black Sea.
- August – Spirit of Burgas Festival: Lying some 20km from Sunny Beach, Burgas is the venue of one of the leading music festivals in Europe. Held on Central Beach in August, Spirit of Burgas makes rooms for every style – rock, techno, pop, jazz, blues –, represented by the most popular bands and artists. The atmosphere is festive and young.
- August/September – Varna International Film Festival: Under the name ‘Love is Folly’, Varna holds its international film festival in August and September. The largest city on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, Varna is considered to be the region’s cultural capital.
- October – The Golden Dolphin International Puppet Theatre Festival: Held every year in early October since 1972, this puppet theatre festival is deeply-rooted in Bulgaria. It draws puppet theatre companies from all over the world and the best representatives of this genre in the country. A major cultural activity to engage in with children.
HOTELS IN SUNNY BEACH
Hotels in Sunny Beach
IBEROSTAR Sunny Beach Resort
From 47€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!view more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged to stays for free (from 5/ 1/2014 to 10/31/2014)