Beaches: Sunny Beach
The beaches of Sunny Beach stretch several kilometres on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria, facing a beautiful east-oriented bay. The warm, calm waters (20º-26ºC), the relaxed atmosphere, the excellent service and the well-preserved natural setting, dominated by the Balkan Mountains (Stara Planina) have earned Sunny Beach international renown.
Main beaches in Sunny Beach:
- Sunny Beach: The beach the whole place owes its name to is considered to be the largest resort on the Bulgarian coast. A huge, 8km sand with calm, turquoise blue water and a moderate swell, it is the ideal place for a long holiday in the sun. There are all kinds of tourist services and facilities on offer: restaurants, bars and fashion shops.
- Fort Beach: This quiet family beach close to Nessebar and next to the popular Central Beach is characterised by smooth golden sand. Easily accessed via a flight of steps, it offers all kinds of services. The water is very clean and always warm (about 24ºC).
- Ravda beaches: On the outskirts of the picturesque Nessebar village, these beaches are set on a wild, romantic setting in sharp contrast to the quality services available. The water is calm, shallow and with a moderate swell. South Beach stands out for its fine golden sand.
- St Vlas beaches: In an exclusive, quiet area on Nessebar bay, at the foot of the Balkan Mountains (Stara Planina) and next to Sunny Beach, St Vlas boast some of the most beautiful beaches on the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria. The beaches in St Vlas are wide; their waters are clean and calm. The largest one is Central Beach, about 1km long, whose fine golden sand attracts couples and families with kids.
- Obzor beach: A huge, 10km stretch of white sand reaching Cape Emine, this beach is set in a well-preserved natural environment, offering all kinds of tourist services. The village itself is both traditional and modern, sharing in the quiet atmosphere that characterises the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria.
- Irakli beach: One of the best-preserved beaches on the Black Sea coast, Irakli is next to the villages of Emona and Obzor, and a 20 minutes’ drive from Sunny Beach. It is part of a 42ha protected natural area. Being 3km long, it is characterised by fine golden sand, a moderate swell and a unique wild look.
HOTELS IN SUNNY BEACH
Hotels in Sunny Beach
IBEROSTAR Sunny Beach Resort
From 47€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!view more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 11 stays for free (from 05/01/2015 to 10/15/2015).