Sousse offers a wide array of sports to active travel enthusiasts. Tourists can get fit while enjoying the beauty of the landscapes on this part of the African coast, caressed by the Mediterranean Sea. Diving, sailing, golf, recreational fishing and even horse riding… Sousse is an ideal place to do sports in Tunisia.
Sports in Sousse
- Sailing in Port El Kantaoui: The pearl of the Sahel features one of the most important marinas on this part of the coast of Tunisia. In a touristy area only 10km from the centre of Sousse, the marina opens out to the sea with 350 berths. Visitors can rent yachts and sailboats and enjoy the views of Sousse from the sea or take sailing lessons for beginners.
- Diving in Sousse: Also in Port El Kantaoui there are several diving spots where tourists can rent diving equipment, go out at sea in groups of divers or take lessons for beginners in the Tunisian Mediterranean Sea.
- Playing golf north of Sousse: A 5-minute drive will get you from the centre of Sousse to a beach resort that boasts two large, fully-equipped golf courses with circuits for golfers of varying skill levels, from beginners to pros.
- Sea fishing in Tunisia: Recreational fishing in the gulf of Hammamet, near Sousse, is a ritual rather than a sport. The area has a diverse marine fauna, and the calm and clean waters invite to spend a quiet day fishing at sea.
- Getting fit in the centre of Sousse: As it is one of the main cities on this coastal area of Tunisia, Sousse has many sports facilities, from a large sports hall with all types of courts to smaller gyms across the centre of town. Some offer day passes for tourists.
- Riding a horse in Monastir: Horse racing fans have the chance to visit the racecourse in Monastir. Horseback tours or horseback riding can be booked at the racecourse. In addition, on the coastline and around Sousse there are many horse riding centres.
HOTELS IN SOUSSE
Hotels in Sousse
IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous
From 63€ person/night (Taxes included)View more