Sports: Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Although Santa Cruz is a big city, sports in the capital of Tenerife are not rare. In the city you can run or ride a bike, but the natural areas on the island are also ideal for holiday sports like surfing, trail running or climbing.
Sports in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Surfing on the coast of San Andrés: Surfers will love this spot on the coast, very close to the city. Nature and the sea embrace each other, producing the perfect waves for surfing or other similar sports in a safe and fun way. One of the usual surfing locations is Las Gaviotas beach, very close to Santa Cruz.
- Trail running in Anaga: Running across the most beautiful volcanic area in Spain is like feeling totally free. You can climb gorges and then go down to lovely secluded coves. Trail running can be a unique experience at Anaga Rural Park, to the north of Santa Cruz, where you can train on many routes with views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Kayaking to Antequera beach: Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the coast offer good chances for kayaking. One of the nicest kayak rides, although it requires kayaking skills and strength, goes along the coast from the city to the impeccable beach area of Antequera, which can only be reached by sea.
- Cycling in Santa Cruz: In addition to the city bike tours, you can go with your bike to Anaga Rural Park, which features a mountainous landscape with climbs, descents, small plains with views of the sea… There are different courses and the weather is great all year round for cyclists.
- Climbing Mount Roque de las Ánimas: In the picturesque village of Taganana, a short drive from Santa Cruz, there is one of the best centres for outdoor rock climbing. The location is less known than that in La Catedral, in spite of being in one of the most wonderful natural settings on the island.
HOTELS IN SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE
Hotels in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Mencey
From 46€ person/night (Taxes included)View more