Beaches: Santa Cruz de Tenerife
The beaches in Santa Cruz de Tenerife are idyllic places where holidaymakers escape the hustle and bustle of big cities and get deep into the clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The best sands and the loveliest coves are on the coast of San Andrés, part of the foot of the Anaga massif, a natural paradise virtually untouched by man. There are diverse types of beaches in Santa Cruz, from Las Teresitas, always crowded, to Antequera, a veritable oasis.
Main beaches in Santa Cruz de Tenerife:
- Las Teresitas beach: This is the best known beach in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, an extensive strip of fine white sand from the Sahara, 1.3km in length, lined with tall palm trees. Las Teresitas is in San Andrés, away from housing developments. Waves are almost non-existent, as the beach is protected by a breakwater.
- Las Gaviotas beach: This is a wild nude beach near Las Teresitas, in the village of San Andrés. It is a small cove with dark volcanic sand lying on the edge of a beautiful cliff. Calm and secluded, Las Gaviotas is 250m long. It features a moderate swell, perfect for surfing and windsurfing.
- El Roque beach: Its full name is El Roque de las Bodegas, and it attracts more families than any other beach on the coast of Anaga close to Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It has fine dark sand, the waves are low, and all types of facilities and services are available, including restaurants and everything you can expect from a beach that welcomes kids.
- Benijo beach: It is one of the best places for beachgoers who prefer to take their clothes off. It has a good level of conservation and stands out for its beautiful black sand of volcanic origin. It has a moderate swell and offers stunning views of the rocks of Anaga and the nearby beaches on the coast next to Santa Cruz.
- Antequera beach: A small beach, 400m long, only accessible by boat from Santa Cruz or San Andrés, or through a very long hiking path across the mountains of the Anaga massif. The volcanic sand on the surface is fine and brownish, quite uncommon to find in Tenerife.
HOTELS IN SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE
Hotels in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Mencey
From 34€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 8 to 13 stays for free (from 06/15/2015 to 09/15/2015). 2nd child aged 8 to 13 stays for free (from 06/15/2015 to 09/15/2015).