Hotels in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Where is Santa Cruz de Tenerife?
Santa Cruz de Tenerife is located to the northeast of Tenerife, part of Spain's Canary Islands, in the Atlantic Ocean. The city, which is also the isle's capital, is tucked away along the bay bearing the same name and the Anaga mountainside. Santa Cruz is a sun and surf urban destination filled with museums and lively neighborhoods.
What do Santa Cruz de Tenerife vacations have to offer?
- Beaches and Natural Pools. Santa Cruz de Tenerife showcases various types of beach such as the nearby white sand Playa Teresitas, black sand Playa de las Gaviotas, cliff-lined Playa del Roque de las Bodegas, and Playa de Benijo, which is found in a preserved environment and distinguished as one of the most splendid of the entire archipelago. Santa Cruz is also home to the César Manrique Maritime Park: a 22,000 sq. meter complex with a natural saltwater pool.
- Hiking in Nature. The town of Santa Cruz spans the major part of Macizo de Anaga, a mountainous region with superb hiking trails. The Teide National Park is the most significant natural area on the isle and located about 70 kilometers from Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Historic Fortresses. From the 15th to 17th centuries, the Canary Islands were pillaged by many pirates, which forced the cities to erect defensive structures. In Santa Cruz de Tenerife visitors will find several prime examples: San Juan Bautista Castle, San Andrés Tower, Fuerte de Almeyda, and more.
- Carnival. The Santa Cruz de Tenerife Carnival is considered to be the most popular and internationally revered after that in Río de Janeiro, Brazil. This festival is famous for its spectacular costumes and performances by street musicians, bands, and acting crews. Distinguished as a Fiesta of International Tourist Interest, thousands of people flood the streets during the week to enjoy this Canary Island festivity, rich with colors, music, costumes, and fun.
- Tenerife's Gastronomy. Santa Cruz de Tenerife is an amazing location for savoring the island's best foods including ranchos or typical pork stew, wrinkled potatoes, mojos, which are sauces or marinades, seafood, and fish such as sardines, mackerel, and grouper. Those with a sweet tooth must try the pastel cabello de ángel or angel hair pastry, frangolo con miel, a typical corn-based dessert, or truchas de batatas con almendras, which are sweet potato turnovers with almonds.
Are you considering IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts for your next trip to Santa Cruz de Tenerife?
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts is pleased to feature a full-service 5-star resort in Santa Cruz de Tenerife: the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Mencey. Fitted with the most modern facilities, the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Mencey offers luxurious Santa Cruz accommodations with exquisite local and international dining, wellness and spa services, and a full entertainment program designed for the entire family. The IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Mencey is also the perfect choice for hosting your next business meeting or convention in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
HOTELS IN SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE
Hotels in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Mencey
From 34€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 8 to 13 stays for free (from 06/15/2015 to 09/15/2015). 2nd child aged 8 to 13 stays for free (from 06/15/2015 to 09/15/2015).