Sports: Porto Petro
Sports in Porto Petro are related to the sea, as most districts in the area are fishing villages overlooking the Mediterranean. Diving, spearfishing, catamaran riding and sailing are the classical holiday sports in the south-eastern coast of Majorca. For those who want to stay out of the water there are golf, hiking and cycle touring.
Sports in Porto Petro
- Diving in Porto Petro: Porto Petro boasts one of the region’s best diving schools, offering courses for beginners or kids and giving PADI certification cards. In spring or the early summer, amateur divers are invited to join in special reef cleaning activities in Porto Petro.
- Sailing across Porto Petro bay: The quiet water of the Mediterranean in this area in Majorca invites visitors to rent a sailboat or a catamaran in Porto Petro and have a sailing day about the cliffs, caves and coves, which are so difficult to reach by other means.
- Tennis and paddle tennis in Porto Petro: Porto Petro is not far from Manacor, the birthplace of top-ranked Majorca-born tennis player Rafael Nadal. There are many tennis lovers in the region, as well as public and private well-equipped facilities where players can book courts by the hour.
- Spearfishing in Porto Petro: Spearfishing is a really popular sport in Porto Petro among both locals and out-of-towners. What is more, the Balearic Spearfishing Championship is held here on an annual basis. The amazing diversity of sea life here adds interest to the event.
- Golf in south-eastern Majorca: From Porto Petro to Cala d’Or, there are several professional golf clubs offering a wide variety of 18-hole courses. Vall d’Or, at the Es Turó estate, and Golf Son Servera to the north are among the best known. They play host to tournaments and competitions all year round.