Activities: Porto Petro
The activities to do in Porto Petro and the surrounding area bring visitors close to the real essence of south-eastern Majorca. Historical buildings, museums, nature parks like Mondragó and, above all, small villages full of magic customs and traditions turn a holiday in Majorca into an unforgettable experience.
What to do and what to see in Porto Petro
- S’Alqueria Blanca: Together with Calonge, this village on the outskirts of Porto Petro offers a glimpse of the area’s cultural and ethnographic heritage. There is a humble church dedicated to Mare de Déu de la Consolació (Our Lady of Consolation) and one of the region’s most important archaeological sites: Cova de Sa Madona (Cave of Virgin Mary).
- The Walled Gate in Santanyí: The gate is one of a few traces of the fortified city of Santanyí, the capital of the Migjorn region, also encompassing Porto Petro. A tour of Santanyí takes visitors to narrow alleyways, traditional houses and the church of the patron saint, Saint Andrew.
- Mondragó Nature Park: One of the most beautiful natural areas in Majorca, Mondragó is the largest park of its kind in the south-eastern part of the island. Cliffs, junipers, little pine forests, unspoilt white-sand coves, rocks battered by the sea, and one of the best bird-watching spots in Majorca.
- Es Fortí in Cala d’Or: Sitting next to Porto Petro, Cala d’Or is one of the liveliest districts in Majorca. It boasts one of the most emblematic defensive constructions along the coastline, just on the tip of Cala Llonga: Es Fortí, a military fort built in 1730, now converted to cultural centre.
- Cala Figuera: One of the most charming coastal villages in Majorca, Cala Figuera attracts huge crowds and makes the setting of many a snapshot. The small fishing harbour and the peculiar geography (two sea inlets forming two little coves) add charm to it. The fish market and quay were built in 1950. There is also a sea promenade offering breathtaking views of the Mediterranean.
HOTELS IN PORTO PETRO
Hotels in Porto Petro
IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca
From 41€ person/night (Taxes included)View more