Beaches: Playa de Palma
Playa de Palma’s beaches stretch over most of the Palma bay, offering visitors a thousand and one ways of enjoying the sun, the sea – and their holidays. Extensive sands a pebble’s throw from the city, cosy coves set in stunning natural areas, family beaches, secluded corners for romantic couples, rocks, salt and a good slice of the Mediterranean Sea!
Main beaches in Playa de Palma:
- Palma beach: Palma is the main beach on the bay and among the best in terms of facilities, services and entertainment for families, groups of youngsters and couples. A huge, 4km-long, 50m-wide sand, it is peppered with umbrellas and divided into various resorts, with small beach bars lining the sea promenade where beachgoers can have a drink or a snack as they stare at the sea.
- S’Arenal beach: This bright and spacious beach features brown sand and calm shallow waters, which makes it ideal for kids. It is part of the same beach as Palma, but it belongs to a different district: Llucmajor. They are separated by a sort of bridge known as Torrent dels Jueus, and they are different in ambiance, since this beach tends to attract locals.
- Cala Estancia beach: Adjoining Palma beach towards the centre of town there is this lovely sandy beach, with crystal-clear water and a family atmosphere. Providing a wide array of services, it is safe for kids or for a romantic time. It is surrounded by traditional restaurants where to taste creamy rice or paella.
- Es Carnatge beaches: This bunch of rocky coves along the coastline is one of the best-preserved natural areas in Playa de Palma: Es Carnatge wetlands. Adjoining the sea promenade, the wetlands are easily reached from Cala Estancia, in the direction of the town centre. The beaches are pet-friendly and welcome cyclists, as there is a nice bike lane.
- Cala Blava beach: One of the favourite areas with locals, Cala Blava and the little coves around it are the result of sea inlets. Some of them are sandy, ideal for families with kids – like Cala Blava itself. Others just feature rocks plunging into the sea. The water is impossibly clean. Although pretty secluded, they are clearly signposted.
HOTELS IN PLAYA DE PALMA
Hotels in Playa de Palma
IBEROSTAR Royal Cristina
From 57€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Royal Cupido
From 61€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Royal Playa de Palma
From 60€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Son Antem
From 55€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!view more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 6 stays for free (from 01/01/2015 to 03/26/2016). 2nd child aged 2 to 6 stays for free (from 01/01/2015 to 03/26/2016).