Experiences: Playa de Muro
Playa de Muro is a heavenly place for all kinds of holiday experiences in Majorca. Cocktails on the beach, a romantic dinner by the sea, a day at the water park with the kids, shopping in Alcudia, a boat ride across the bay… The possibilities have no end in Playa de Muro. Below, an essential list of must-dos.
Experiences in Playa de Muro: What to do
- Boat ride in Muro beach: Sailing along the 13km-long Muro beach, visiting secluded coves that can only be reached by sea, spending a day in the Mediterranean… Small cruise ships plough across Alcudia bay for a great family experience with the genuine flavour of a seaside holiday.
- Kite running: In the area closest to Alcudia, Playa de Muro boasts excellent winds that have made it popular with kite runners and kitesurfers. For families with kids, a morning out watching the sky dressed up in a million colours can be an entertaining experience.
- Water park attractions: A few kilometres from Playa de Muro there is one of the largest water parks in Majorca: Hidropark. All the activities and shows are designed for the whole family, delivering fun to the little ones. If you are coming with your children to Playa de Muro, a day in the water park is a must.
- Tasting Majorcan wines: Playa de Muro produces extraordinary wines. Grapes are harvested in the hinterland in the late summer. With DO Pla i Llevant, the wines deliver an altogether different tasting experience. A wine tour of typical Majorcan restaurants the centre of town can be one of the best ways of spending an evening in Playa de Muro.
- Chill-out atmosphere by the sea: Playa de Muro is one of the areas with the highest concentration of bars and restaurants in Majorca. Besides traditional dishes like paella, many of them offer cocktails to sip at sunset in a chill-out atmosphere. Fancy yourself with a gin tonic in your hand, your feet sunk in the sand, your eyes piercing the horizon where it becomes one with the sea. Can you think of anything better?