Activities: Playa de Muro
Playa de Muro offers a wide range of activities to do and sites to see on Alcudia bay and the villages surrounding it: archaeological sites, nature parks, museums showing the customs and traditions of the people in northern Majorca, the Roman site of Pollentia, the old town in Alcudia, Sa Pobla…
What to do and what to see in Playa de Muro
- El Parque Natural de S’Albufera: The largest wetland in Majorca, S’Albufera is a protected area housing the largest number of native species on the island. Converted to nature park, it is open to visitors. The Visitor Centre offers valuable information about birds.
- Convent of Santa Anna in Muro: One of the most important religious buildings in northern Majorca, this convent sits in the Old Town in Muro. Enclosed by impossibly high walls. Both the convent and the church were built in the seventeenth/eighteenth centuries in the Baroque style.
- Muro Museum of Ethnography: This is Majorca’s official ethnography museum, with a great many valuable artefacts: farming tools, crafts, ceramics, and old apothecary, a cistern, a Ferris wheel… This museum is housed in one of the most iconic casals: Can Alomar, dating back to the seventeenth century.
- Roman site of Pollentia: In Alcudia, very close to Playa de Muro, there is one of the most important archaeological sites in Majorca and the Balearics at large. Visitors can walk through the site of this Roman village to discover where the houses, the forum or the theatre stood.
- Son Real Estate: Another of Majorca’s environmental assets, Son Real, in Can Picafort, a few kilometres from Playa de Muro, is a 400ha estate containing a traditional Majorcan manor house, prehistoric remains, old sand quarries, pine forests and junipers, fortified towers and many other hidden treasures.
HOTELS IN PLAYA DE MURO
Hotels in Playa de Muro
IBEROSTAR Albufera Park
From 50€ person/night (Taxes included)View more
IBEROSTAR Albufera Playa
From 47€ person/night (Taxes included)View more
IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park
From 38€ person/night (Taxes included)View more
IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro
From 62€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 6 stays for free (from 01/09/2015 to 10/25/2015). 2nd child aged 2 to 6 stays for free (from 01/09/2015 to 10/25/2015).
IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village
From 83€ person/night (Taxes included)View more