Hotels in Montenegro
Montenegrin culinary specialties
- Montenegrin cuisine is based on vegetables, meat, and fish as well as classic Mediterranean staples like olive oil. Because of its geographic situation, Eastern Europe also has a profound influence on the cooking style.
- Meat plays a fundamental role in the Montenegrin diet, especially in the north, where a lot of wild fruit, aromatic herbs, and wild mushrooms are used. Meat is prepared according to the traditional ispod method, in which it is cooked under coals.
- Fish dominates in the central and southern regions. Smoked carp and trout are some of the most flavorful specialties as is Skadar crab.
- Iconic Montenegrin dishes include: boiled lamb; kajmak, a creamy cheese made by boiling salted milk; skakavica, marinated fish with white cabbage, olive oil, and lemon juice; domaca kobasica na zuru, homemade smoked sausage; projanica, cake prepared with fresh cheese, eggs, and flour; kebab, and much more.
- Typical drinks of the region are wines such as the light-bodied red from Vranac, refined Merlot, and Krstac white; rakija, a home-distilled brandy made with white grapes; Niksic beer; and an extensive selection of cherry liquors.
Which IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts are in Montenegro?
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts is proud to present the IBEROSTAR Bellevue Hotel, a luxurious 4-star resort in Montenegro, offering beautifully spacious rooms, leisure, and magnificent dining.
- IBEROSTAR Bellevue Hotel
HOTELS IN MONTENEGRO
Hotels in Budva
From 27€ person/night (Taxes included)view more