In Maspalomas, sports can be an exciting experience. Here you can do a wide array of water sports like windsurfing, sailing or scuba diving, as you might expect from any of the best beaches in Gran Canaria. But you have the chance to do something different too, such as skydiving over the sand dunes in Maspalomas, going horse riding across El Inglés beach, playing golf, etc.
Sports in Maspalomas
- Scuba diving in Maspalomas: In Maspalomas, its long beaches and its environs are three of the best scuba diving spots in Gran Canaria: Baja del Pasito Blanco, offering rich underwater biodiversity, the man-made riff of Arguineguín and the wrecked Russian ship, the Meteor II.
- Fishing in Punta de Maspalomas: The coast from Punta de Maspalomas to Punta del Descojonado, in the municipality of San Nicolás, is great for fishing. You can go fishing all the year round, but the best months to catch tuna are May through December.
- Skydiving over Maspalomas dunes: Maspalomas is the perfect place to fly like a bird doing paragliding, hang-gliding or skydiving. Among the many authorised spots is the impressive Caldera de Tirajana.
- Climbing and MTB in El Nublo: The area of El Nublo Rural Park that is closest to Maspalomas offers a chance to do thrilling mountain sports like climbing or mountain biking. On El Inglés beach there are many companies planning a nice day out in the mountains for visitors.
- Sailing in Pasito Blanco: Pasito Blanco is a marina next to Maspalomas. It offers more sailing lessons and boat rentals than any other coastal resort across Gran Canaria. Here you can go surfing or water skiing as well.
- Horse rides from El Tablero: In Maspalomas, in the area of El Tablero, there are some of the biggest equestrian clubs in the south of Gran Canaria. They organise horseback rides for small groups of eight to tour the area for 2 or 3 hours.