Hotels in Maspalomas
Maspalomas is an oasis of peace and calm, a paradise of eternal summer where you can have unique experiences. Look at the sun going down amidst the dunes in Maspalomas or at the horizon from a viewpoint, go out for a drink at night in El Inglés beach or go on a camelback safari from Fataga… In Maspalomas you can do a host of interesting things with your partner or your family.
Experiences in Maspalomas: What to do
- Shopping in Maspalomas: Traditional arts and crafts, fashion, beachwear, locally produced foods like queso de flor (a cheese using artichoke flowers as a curdling agent)… A tour of the San Fernando market in Maspalomas is a feast for the senses that wins over everyone. Open on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Sunset in the dunes in Maspalomas: The Maspalomas Natural Dune Reserve makes a splendid stage for a romantic stroll at dusk. The undulating landscape and the golden light at sunset is a relaxing experience that will stay in your mind forever.
- El Inglés beach at night: Eclectic, never-ending and popular with a trendy crowd, Playa del Inglés is a great district to go out for a drink, dance or listen to loud music in Gran Canaria. There are beach clubs, pubs and nightclubs for a memorable night out.
- Camel ride from Fataga: A camel expedition across a river gorge, the woods and the plains surrounding Maspalomas is one of the funniest, most thrilling things to do in the southern part of Gran Canaria. At the Camel Safari Park, tourists can take a camelback tour for groups of 8 people that lasts 3 hours.
- Visit to Maspalomas lighthouse: In Maspalomas Natural Dune Reserve, a pebble’s through from the sea, is the lighthouse. The tower is 60m high and affords the best views of Maspalomas and Las Meloneras beaches.