Hotels in Maspalomas
Events, popular fiestas and festivals in Maspalomas, on the south of Gran Canaria, guarantee fun for families, couples or groups of friends. Popular celebrations, gymkhana for kids or the well-known gay pride parade on El Inglés beach… In the land of the never-ending summer, every day is great to have fun.
Major events in Maspalomas
- March – Maspalomas carnival: Carnival in Maspalomas is considered to be one of the liveliest across Gran Canaria. Along with celebrations in Las Palmas, it attracts lots of people. There are parties on the beach, in the streets and in the neighbouring villages. Colour, music and joy for many days.
- May – Maspalomas Gay Pride Parade: The gay pride parade shows the popularity this area in the south of Gran Canaria has with the gay community. The festival is full of colour and joy, as is carnival here, and gathers hundreds of people on El Inglés beach.
- May-June – Feast of St Ferdinand: During the Feast of St Ferdinand, there are activities like the procession of the saint, the adult queen and children’s queen pageants, the local music festival and a BBQ fish cookout.
- 16 July – Feast of El Carmen: This is a traditional maritime celebration, since Our Lady of El Carmen is the Patroness of fishermen. Festivities are held in the villages of Mogán and Arguineguín, with a procession that carries the image of Virgin Mary, followed by boats wonderfully decorated with flowers and garlands.
- Late July – Feast of Saint James: Tunte pays tribute to Saint James the apostle every July. The traditional celebrations last ten days and include processions, cattle fairs, parties, street markets selling local products and, of course, music and dance till dawn.
- August – San Bartolomé Festival: Held in San Bartolomé de Tirajana, this is the second major feast in the area, along with the Feast of Saint James in Tunte. Outstanding events are the tasting of sancocho at the town square and the arrival of the Charcoal Burner.