Hotels in Maspalomas
The beaches of Maspalomas, in the southern coast of Gran Canaria, bask in glorious sunshine and sea throughout the year. They are long and feature golden sands, dunes and are in perfect harmony with the surrounding natural areas that are given special protection. All this does not prevent the beaches from offering top tourist facilities and services.
Main beaches in Maspalomas:
- San Agustín beach: It is a haven of peace in an area of dreamlike beaches, a district with a character of its own whose beach attracts local sun-seekers who enjoy taking a swim in the sea. San Agustín beach is almost 700m long and features calm waters, ideal for underwater diving.
- Maspalomas beach: The whole area in the southern part of the island owes its name to this particular beach. Maspalomas is surrounded by an emblematic natural spot in Gran Canaria, the Dunes of Maspalomas, which gives this long tongue of golden sand a unique wild environment. The facilities offered by this beach turn it into one of the most crowded areas on the island.
- El Inglés beach: El Inglés is situated between San Agustín and Maspalomas, and is 3km long. Its nice atmosphere, natural environment and shimmering water have earned fame to El Inglés across Europe. It is ideal for families, groups of friends or couples.
- Las Burras beach: Las Burras is a beautiful cove 400m long between El Inglés and San Agustín beaches. Its light brown sand and calm water are great for a peaceful day in the sun, far from the crowded sands of busier beaches. Off the coast you can watch the typical boats of the Canaries.
- El Cochino beach: Next to Las Burras beach is El Cochino, giving access to El Inglés by way of a dike on which you can take a stroll by the sea. It is smaller than El Inglés or San Agustín but has excellent facilities nearby.