The sports you can do in Mahdia guarantee enormous fun in the superb weather of this coastal area of Tunisia, where visitors can go kitesurfing, diving or sailing. In or around town there are hiking routes and tennis courts as well.
Sports in Mahdia
- Diving in Mahdia: In the medina there is a diving club and on the beach there are many diving facilities to be found, since the calm and exceptionally clean waters invite divers to take the plunge into the underwater world. The bottom of the sea on Mahdia’s beach is home to numerous marine species. Many divers even come over to find the wreck explored by Cousteau.
- Water skiing on the beach: A combination of excitement and fun define this water sport available right on Mahdia’s beach. There are numerous water skiing spots with equipment rentals, offering different trips to adrenaline seekers.
- Recreational fishing on Kerkennah: Rent a felucca, the traditional Tunisian boat, to spend the day fishing at sea accompanied by local crew and fishermen who know the Mediterranean Sea like the back of their hands. Sardine is the most abundant fish around the Kerkennah Islands.
- Kitesurfing in Mahdia: In general, the Mediterranean Sea bathing the beaches of Mahdia does not produce powerful waves but in some open areas, the winds blow to make them an ideal spot for surfing. Holidaymakers will find several equipment rentals where beginners can also get some useful tips.
- Tennis in Mahdia: Tennis is one of the most popular sports in Mahdia. The city and its outskirts have excellent tennis clubs where tourists who love this sport can spend a whole afternoon playing by the Mediterranean Sea. Some clubs offer tennis equipment for hire.
HOTELS IN MAHDIA
Hotels in Mahdia
IBEROSTAR Royal El Mansour & Thalasso