The festive calendar in Jandía is packed with events, festivals and popular celebrations that make a unique fun and entertainment offer. Tradition, novelty and sports come together in a high number of festivals inviting visitors to spend time in the company of locals, sharing a table, an activity and an environment in a friendly and joyful atmosphere.
Main events in Jandía
- March – Carnival in Morro Jable: Toy Carnival in Morro Jable is one of the most popular carnival celebrations in Fuerteventura. It is not held in February like most carnival events but rather in early March. Fancy dresses, parties until the small hours and processions of floats fill the streets with joy, so that the whole town seems to be celebrating for several days.
- 23 June – Saint John’s Eve in Cofete: The Feast of Saint John is a major event in Cofete, an area of wild beaches in Jandía Nature Park. There is magic, there is fire, and there are traditional activities like the striking procession from the Great Valley to Cofete, with pilgrims wearing traditional garments.
- July – Windsurf World Cup: For more than 30 years, Barca beach in Costa Calma has played host to the Fuerteventura Windsurfing and Kitesurfing World Cup. In July and early August, the world’s best windsurfers and kitesurfers gather here.
- 2 July – Feast of Our Lady of the Rule: Our Lady of the Rule is the Patroness of Pájara, a municipality in the peninsula of Jandía. Her feast includes a procession and an offering with everyone wearing traditional garments, standing on floats and carrying typical products. The religious activities are followed by street parties and traditional taifas dancing.
- 16 July – Feast of El Carmen: The feast, paying tribute to Our Lady of El Carmen, the Patroness of Fishermen, is a big event in Morro Jable. The village gets filled with colours and flavours, and visitors from all over the world mingle with the local population. Most activities take place in the port area, where barges get all dressed up for the procession.
- September – Octopus Festival: In the neighbouring district El Puertito de la Cruz, very close to Jandía, they hold a festival in early September featuring curious activities like an octopus competition and a race between the lighthouses in Punta de Jandía.
- October – Feast of Saint Martha in Costa Calma: This little village and its neighbour, Cañada del Río pay tribute to Saint Martha with a programme of recreational activities to suit all tastes and ages. There are children’s workshops, football matches, street markets, concerts and DJ sessions in the open air.
HOTELS IN JANDIA
Hotels in Jandia
IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura Palace
From 73€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 7 stays for free (from 01/01/2015 to 04/30/2017).
IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas
From 111€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 7 stays for free (from 01/01/2015 to 12/31/2015).
IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park
From 86€ person/night (Taxes included)View more