Hotels in Italy
Gastronomic specialties of Italy
- Authentic Italian pizza. The Italian cuisine is characterized by its huge, fresh variety with great aromas and flavours. Its cuisine includes pizza, pasta and fresh produce such as fruits, vegetables, pulses, cereals, cheeses and spices, as well as meat and fish.
- Pasta Bolognese or Neapolitan. In Italy there is a large selection of pasta usually served with butter, parmesan cheese, with a beef ragout (a la Bolognese), or with different sauces (carbonara, Neapolitan, four cheeses, etc.) and, sometimes, olive oil, accompanied by things such as mussels. There are also stuffed pastas such as ravioli, tortellini, the Emilia cappelletti (made with minced chicken) and Rapallo pansotti (filled with spinach and ricotta).
- Risotto of Northern Italy. Italian dishes made from rice are called risotto and are one of the characteristic features of northern Italian cuisine.
- Italian Sausage. Italian cold cuts are also very famous: the zampone (pig's foot stuffed with meat and served with lentils and beans), mortadella, salami, prosciutto di Parma (Italian ham) or cured meat, among others.
- Original Italian Ice Cream. Italy is a paradise for the sweet tooth.The most typical desserts include ice cream, tiramisu (made with mascarpone cheese), zabaglione (an egg-based dessert), marsala, etc ...
- The Wines of Italy. Italian wines are excellent and for all tastes: white, red, pink, raisiny, fruity, champagne, etc. Some of the most famous are the Marsala or Chianti. Italian coffee is one of the best known in the world (espresso, cappuccino, marocchino, etc.). And among liqueurs, Limoncello, Amaretto, and Frangelico stand out, among others.
HOTELS IN ITALY
Hotels in Sardinia
IBEROSTAR Carlos V