Hotels in Italy
Major Italian Festivals:
- February. Venice Carnival. This emblematic Italian festival is unique in the world and its tradition goes back to the eleventh century. During 10 days, the people of Venice disguise themselves in seventeenth-century Venetian costumes and go out to march in organized or improvised parades. Quite a show.
- April 25. Liberation Day in Italy. This day celebrates the "Festa della Liberazione", commemorating the Nazi-fascists’ final expulsion from Italy in 1945 and the foundation of Italy in its present form. On this day, there is a parade around the Piazza del Duomo (Basilica Square) in Milan, with the band playing songs and the Italian national anthem. This coincides with the celebration of the Festival of Flowers in other cities.
- April 25. San Marco’s Day in Venice. The Venetians celebrate the day of their patron saint with a famous procession in the Basilica of San Marcos. Traditionally, on this day, Venetians offer a rose to the women they love.
- May. Sagra di Santifisio Procession in Sardinia. It’s held in Cagliari, Sardinia, and is one of the largest and most colorful processions in Italy and the world.
- June 2. Italian Republic Day. On this date, Italians commemorate the institutional referendum of June 2nd and 3rd, 1946, when for the first time through universal elections, the Italian people were able to choose a monarchy or a republic.
- July 2. Medieval horse race in Siena. In honour of the Madonna of Provenzano, this day is celebrated in Siena, near Florence, with a race between riders with colours representing different areas of the city. This horse race of medieval origin is also celebrated in Siena on August 16 in honour of Our Lady of the Assumption.
- September. International Film Festival in Venice. Each year, this film festival is celebrated in the city of canals, taking place at the Palazzo del Cinema in Venice, where films are presented for the competition.
HOTELS IN ITALY
Hotels in Sardinia
IBEROSTAR Carlos V