- Szeged Salami. Hungarian gastronomy is rich in spicy aromas and flavours. The Hungarian dishes are made from ingredients such as vegetables (garlic, onions, peppers, potatoes ...), cheeses, meats and sausages. The salami produced in the region of Szeged is one of the country's most famous sausages.
- Authentic Hungarian goulash. The most typical dish of Hungary and the most internationally known is goulash, a stew prepared with meat (pork, beef, rabbit, lamb ...) along with potatoes, onions, peppers and cabbage seasoned with paprika.
- Traditional Hungarian dishes. Other Hungarian dishes are: Pörkölt (chunks of beef in a broth with paprika and other spices), Halászlé (spicy fish soup), Hurka (homemade pork specialties); Fogasch, Libamáj (goose liver), Lecsó (fried peppers with onions and potatoes), Debreziner (sausages), meat and fish Kárpáthy style, Lángos (fried bread), etc..
- Hungarian Desserts: dobostorta (mocha cake and caramel), somlói galuska (cake with nuts and raisins soaked in rum) and madártej (milk cake with vanilla).
- Hungarian wines. The most popular of Hungarian wines are red Bikavér, the Egri Bikavér, the sweet wine Tokaji. Among the beers, the most famous are the Dreher and Bordosi. As for liqueurs, the most popular are Palinka and Unicum, a sour digestive drink.
HOTELS IN HUNGARY
Hotels in Budapest
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest
From 93€ room/night (Taxes included)View more