Sports in Hammamet are closely linked to the sea, as the town has developed around its wonderful beaches. In Hammamet, tourist will find top-end facilities for sailing, water skiing, diving, surfing, etc. Water sports are not the only option for sportspersons, since the town has some excellent golf courses, which are amongst the best in the Mediterranean region, plus tennis courts and hiking paths.
Sports in Hammamet
- Diving in Cap Bon: Flanked by the gulf of Hammamet, the sea bottom in the area has a unique topographical nature and certified diving clubs with modern equipment. Being a touristy area, diving excursions are available year-round. In the summer, the sparkling Mediterranean waters invite divers to explore the fascinating underwater world off the coast of Tunisia.
- Sailing in Yasmine Hammamet: With as many as 700 berths, the marina in Yasmine Hammamet is the biggest on the Tunisian coast, followed by Sidi Bou Said with 380 and Port El Kantaoui with 300. In Yasmine there is a nautical club with a sailing school for beginners. Sailboat trips on the gulf of Hammamet depart from this club.
- Kitesurfing in Hammamet: At some areas on the coast of Hammamet there are certified kitesurfing centres. The sea is perfect for wave surfing and impossible jumps. The coast around Nabeul is one of the best spots for kitesurfing.
- Tennis in Hammamet: The exclusive area around Yasmine Hammamet boasts some of the best tennis clubs in the Mediterranean region. Tennis players will find all types of tennis courts and surfaces, as well as schools that offer one-to-one or group lessons.
- Golf in Port El Kantaoui: This Mediterranean resort with a Moorish flavour and lovely gardens is one of the most beautiful places on the central Tunisian coast. It is perfect to play golf. It has one of the largest golf courses in the country, a 36-hole course and courses to suit from beginners to top professional golfers.
HOTELS IN HAMMAMET
Hotels in Hammamet
From 35€ person/night (Taxes included)View more