Beaches: Font de sa Cala
The beaches in Sa Font de sa Cala make one of the most beautiful coastal areas in Majorca’s Llevant. They are quiet, secluded small sands to take a rest and get away from it all. The water shimmers with the turquoise blue shades that characterise the Mediterranean Sea, coming to the white-sand shoreline and surrounded by native vegetation. Modern services and safe facilities have earned them a few Blue Flags.
Main beaches in Sa Font de sa Cala
- Sa Font de Sa Cala beach: This small cove is 100m long and 60m wide. It has calm waters and fine white sand, inviting visitors to soak up the genuine Mediterranean spirit. Equipped with all kinds of services, it is set on a welcoming environment with lavish vegetation.
- Sa Pedruscada beach: This quiet beach in an area with typical Mediterranean houses has a jetty and a few fishing boats lying on the shore. It is a charming old-style, traditional cove with crystal-clear waters and a thousand pebbles in all shapes and colours. Popular with locals, Sa Pedruscada is close to Es Fangar, Sa Font de Sa Cala and the fishing village of Cala Ratjada.
- Caló des Beato: This magic corner in coastal Llevant in Majorca is the result of a stream flowing into the sea in the old days. Also known as Cala n’Aguait, this small beach lies next to Sa Pedruscada in the direction of Sa Font de sa Cala, and less than 3km away from the town centre of Cala Ratjada.
- Cala Gat beach: A favourite with locals, this is the perfect beach to lie in the sun and splash around. Despite its length, only 40m, it boasts crystal-clear waters drawing snorkelling enthusiasts. With a moderate swell, Cala Gat is set in a privileged environment, near the Capdepera lighthouse past the town of Cala Ratjada.
- Son Moll beach: This 140m-long beach lies at the beginning of the waterfront promenade along the coast of Cala Ratjada. It is a great place for children, for it has a moderate swell and clean and delightfully warm waters. With a full range of leisure and dining facilities, plus lifeguard services, Son Moll has been granted the Blue Flag.
- Es Carregador beach: This cosy rocky beach is just a pebble’s throw from Sa Font de sa Cala. Being so quiet and secluded, it has become a favourite nudist spot in Capdepera. Boasting a pleasant, uncrowded atmosphere, it is the perfect beach for a splash at any time of day.
HOTELS IN FONT DE SA CALA
Hotels in Cala Ratjada - Font de Sa Cala
IBEROSTAR Pinos Park
From 52€ person/night (Taxes included)View more