Djerba’s beaches live up to the expectations of holidaymakers from around the world who come to this beautiful island off the coast of Tunisia, the largest island of North Africa, with a coastline stretching along 125km and bright, fine sand beaches. The calm crystal-clear waters and palm trees in Djerba have turned it into a heavenly luxury holiday destination on the Mediterranean coast. Djerba is also known as ‘the golden sand island.’
Main beaches in Djerba
- Sidi Mahrez beach: It stands out for its beauty and slim palm trees on it. Beachgoers will love the calm and warm jewel-blue waters inviting them for a swim. The beach is 17km long and features nearby facilities, bars and restaurants to relax after a long day in the sun.
- Seguia beach: This is a rather unspoilt beach of fine white sand, tall palm trees that resemble a wild, idyllic Caribbean landscape. Seguia is perfect for a romantic day with your loved one, away from the noisy touristy places in Djerba.
- Rass Taguerness beach: It owes its name to the emblematic lighthouse that stands on it. The beach’s longish sand tongue runs onto the Mediterranean welcoming kids, groups of friends or couples. Rass Taguerness has a range of services and facilities, and nearby lively crowded restaurants.
- Plage des 5000 Ans (5000 Years beach): Situated 8km away from Houmt Souk, the main town of the island of Djerba, 5000 Years beach is the closest beach to the centre of town and has a calm charming atmosphere. It has kept a wild nature and lacks beach umbrellas or lounge chairs. The sands are golden and the waters, calm, as usual in the beaches along the Mediterranean coast.
- Aghir beach: Located in one of the main touristy areas of Djerba, Aghir is a fine-sand beach featuring a range of facilities and services. It is perfect for families and for doing water sports.
HOTELS IN DJERBA
Hotels in Djerba
IBEROSTAR Mehari Djerba
From 42€ person/night (Taxes included)view more