Hotels in Djerba
Djerba’s beaches live up to the expectations of holidaymakers from around the world who come to this beautiful island off the coast of Tunisia, the largest island of North Africa, with a coastline stretching along 125km and bright, fine sand beaches. The calm crystal-clear waters and palm trees in Djerba have turned it into a heavenly luxury holiday destination on the Mediterranean coast. Djerba is also known as ‘the golden sand island.’
Main beaches in Djerba
- Sidi Mahrez beach: It stands out for its beauty and slim palm trees on it. Beachgoers will love the calm and warm jewel-blue waters inviting them for a swim. The beach is 17km long and features nearby facilities, bars and restaurants to relax after a long day in the sun.
- Seguia beach: This is a rather unspoilt beach of fine white sand, tall palm trees that resemble a wild, idyllic Caribbean landscape. Seguia is perfect for a romantic day with your loved one, away from the noisy touristy places in Djerba.
- Rass Taguerness beach: It owes its name to the emblematic lighthouse that stands on it. The beach’s longish sand tongue runs onto the Mediterranean welcoming kids, groups of friends or couples. Rass Taguerness has a range of services and facilities, and nearby lively crowded restaurants.
- Plage des 5000 Ans (5000 Years beach): Situated 8km away from Houmt Souk, the main town of the island of Djerba, 5000 Years beach is the closest beach to the centre of town and has a calm charming atmosphere. It has kept a wild nature and lacks beach umbrellas or lounge chairs. The sands are golden and the waters, calm, as usual in the beaches along the Mediterranean coast.
- Aghir beach: Located in one of the main touristy areas of Djerba, Aghir is a fine-sand beach featuring a range of facilities and services. It is perfect for families and for doing water sports.
HOTELS IN DJERBA
Hotels in Djerba
IBEROSTAR Mehari Djerba
From 63€ person/night (Taxes included)view more