Sports in Croatia
- Diving in the Adriatic. Croatia has more than a thousand islands where you can go diving and snorkelling in search of hidden treasures. In addition to discovering the wealth of species of flora and fauna of the Adriatic, visitors can find Roman amphorae, sunken galleys and the remains of shipwrecks from the two world wars. Underwater fishing and sailing are other aquatic activities visitors can engage in.
- Outdoor Sports. Croatia has 8 national parks where you can enjoy different kinds of outdoor activities like hiking, biking, mountain climbing, camping, horseback riding, etc. For mountaineering enthusiasts, the best options are the Biokovo mountains or the Vidova Gora mountains on the island of Brac.
- Golf. Brijuni National Park. In recent years, golf has become very popular in Croatia. The country has several golf courses scattered around the country where golf enthusiasts can practice their best shots. In Brijuni National Park there is an impressive 18-hole course.
- Adventure and Sports in Croatia. Croatia is an ideal place to go rafting, parachuting and paragliding, especially in the areas from central Croatia to the region of Dalmatia.
- Skiing. There is also skiing in Croatia. In Rijeka is the snow destination of Platak and very close is the Croatian Olympic Centre Bjelolasica, at an elevation of 2034 feet. On the outskirts of Zagreb, visitors can ski the slopes of Medvednica, with a fully prepared track, and its highest peak, the Sljeme.