Sports: Costa de la Calma
Costa de la Calma is a great place for a pleasant holiday including water sports. This area of the coastline of Calvià has excellent facilities and landscapes to go scuba diving, trail running, hiking, sailing, paddle surfing or water skiing. Also, golfers can play their favourite sport in some of the most outstanding golf courses on the Majorcan coast.
Sports in Costa de la Calma
- Hiking in Galatzó: From Costa de la Calma and Santa Ponsa depart some of the nicest hiking paths in Sierra de Tramuntana, leading up the Galatzó. One of such paths starts in Santa Ponsa, passes through La Romana and heads toward the mountain. It is 30km long (round trip) and offers beautiful views of the area.
- Boat tours of Santa Ponsa bay: The Santa Ponsa Yacht Club has sailboats and motorboats to go on a tour in the Mediterranean Sea. There are companies that offer intensive sailing lessons too.
- Paddle surfing in Costa de la Calma: The calm waters in this area of the coast of Calvià are great for paddle surfing, one of the sports that are growing in popularity in Majorca. There are surf schools that can help you gain confidence and learn some basic skills in two-day lessons for beginners before you take your paddle board to sea.
- Scuba diving in Es Malgrat: The islet across the Landing Cross in Santa Ponsa is ideal for scuba diving in Costa de la Calma: underwater caves and a large number of colourful fish against a backdrop of calm, crystal-clear water.
- Golf in Santa Ponsa: Calvià and especially Santa Ponsa and Costa de la Calma offer excellent golf facilities in Majorca. There are 9- and 18-hole golf courses, close to one another, that afford spectacular mountain and sea views. A paradise for golf players of all levels to enjoy with friends or loved ones.
HOTELS IN COSTA DE LA CALMA
Hotels in Costa de la Calma
IBEROSTAR Suites Hotel Jardín del Sol
From 33€ person/night (Taxes included)view more