Events: Costa de la Calma
Costa de la Calma holds most of its feasts and festivals in the summer months, when the fine Mediterranean weather invites to have great and long nights out. The major fiestas on Costa de la Calma take place in August, but there are some in other months, as there is always a reason to relax and enjoy the local culture and traditions.
Major events in Costa de la Calma:
- 5 January – Cavalcade of Magi: Es Castellot or Cala Blanca beaches are the stages chosen by the Three Wise Men from the East to arrive at Costa de la Calma. They travel in adorned carriages driven by horses along the coastline to the neighbouring village of Santa Ponsa, where they present the little ones with candies.
- June – Rocío in Santa Ponsa: In Costa de la Calma and Santa Ponsa are numerous faithful rocieros who hold the peculiar Rocío festival, with all kinds of activities for all ages and, of course, performances by renowned flamenco bands from the island.
- July – Es Castellot Festival: Cookout in the open air, dance, children’s games, party, chill-out music by the sea and the traditional correfoc are some of the activities scheduled for mid-July on Costa de la Calma during the fiestas of Es Castellot. An event gathering locals and tourists as well.
- August – Costa de la Calma Festival: It lasts ten days in the summer, attracting holidaymakers who can then get closer to the old traditions of Majorca: the adoration of fire, correfocs and dimonis, and parties until sunrise. Activities for kids, delicious food and traditional sports complete the programme.
- September – Landing Fiestas: Also known as Fiesta of King Jaime, it is the major fiesta in Calvià. Held in early September every year, it features a re-enactment of the arrival of the King and his army at Santa Ponsa bay to expel the Arabs from the area. Celebrations go on for a week.
HOTELS IN COSTA DE LA CALMA
Hotels in Costa de la Calma
IBEROSTAR Suites Hotel Jardín del Sol
From 49€ person/night (Taxes included)View more