Experiences: Costa Adeje
There are a thousand and one things to do in Costa Adeje. In this beautiful part of the south of Tenerife you can watch the sun go down, go on a day trip to explore lava-strewn landscapes, eat Tenerife’s traditional food or shop arts and crafts in street markets.
Experiences in Costa Adeje: What to do
- El Duque market: Besides a stylish shopping centre in the busy Plaza del Duque with high-end boutiques and sophisticated jewelleries, in El Duque beach there is a traditional street market set up on Thursday and Saturday in Bruselas Avenue. All types of items and accessories are on display in the stalls.
- Alfresco terraces between Adeje and Arona: The sea promenade that runs from Adeje to Arona is a tourist attraction in its own right, a place to have a stroll in the sunset or have a snack or drink on one of the thousand terraces affording views of the sea.
- Route towards Ifonche: You can take a hiking path from Adeje towards Ifonche. The path departs at the feet of El Infierno ravine and passes through a wonderful area with impressive tali or refreshing ponds or waterfalls. The views from the top are breathtaking and eating fried rabbit with onion is a must in this area in Adeje.
- Seafood in La Caleta: The traditional food of the Atlantic can be savoured in the charming village of La Caleta, on the easternmost tip of Costa Adeje, where you will find the best seafood restaurants in Tenerife. Shellfish platters or freshly caught fish like wreckfish, grouper or parrotfish.
- Cable car route to Teide: Travelling up from Costa Adeje to the Teide summit is a must. The park has a spectacular cable railway whose ride takes 10 minutes over one of the gems on Earth, the tallest volcano in Spain and the third tallest in the world.