Hotels in Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje has a long list of popular events and festivals that guarantee fun for all ages throughout the year. Genuine fiestas in Costa Adeje give visitors a unique chance to get deep into the local traditions. From Saint Sebastian’s Day to the feast of Saint Ursula or the theatre festival held in November, there is a lot to do in Costa Adeje.
Major events in Costa Adeje
- January – Feast of Saint Sebastian in La Caleta: This small fishing village on the east cost of Costa Adeje inaugurates the calendar of fiestas in the area with a traditional celebration honouring Saint Sebastian. Two days filled with activities and plans for all ages on 19 and 20 January.
- April – Book Fair: Numerous writers from the island of Tenerife gather in Plaza de César Manrique to attend the leading literary event of the year in Costa Adeje. The book fair oozes creativity and poetry for locals and out-of-towners to enjoy.
- Mayo – Our Lady of Fátima Day at Los Menores: This neighbourhood of Adeje holds a nice procession where flowers and a recently restored statuette of Virgin Mary take to the streets to be greeted with applause and enormous devotion.
- Late May – Arts and crafts fair: In late May, Plaza de España in Adeje accommodates a host of stalls with traditional arts and crafts. Visitors can choose from exclusive pieces from the Canary Islands or houseware from houses or farm houses in Costa Adeje.
- July – Adeje University summer school: Every year, University of La Laguna and Adeje Town Hall organise courses and workshops on subjects like architecture, engineering, social science, law, humanities… The atmosphere is nice and relaxed.
- 16 July – Feast of El Carmen and Los Olivos: The feast honouring Our Lady of El Carmen in Costa Adeje starts off with the feast of Los Olivos. The feast lasts from early July until the El Carmen’s day. There is a procession of the image of the Virgin and Patroness of sailors, carried to the shrine of La Viña. There are also important maritime processions in La Caleta and Los Cristianos.
- September –Fañabé Festival: Held to commemorate Our Lady of the Fields, this festival lasts for several days and has activities for kids, traditional music, street parties, sports and typical parades.
- November – Adeje Theatre and Dance Festival: The Adeje Theatre and Dance Festival on the south of Tenerife has been held for more than five years now, and makes an important event centred on performing arts in the Canary Islands. All types of theatre plays and performances for all ages come to the many stages in Adeje.
- 12 to 21 October – Feast of Saint Ursula: This is the major fiesta of Adeje. Every year, the town hosts a great fiesta that attracts people from all over the island of Tenerife. There are nice processions, typical dresses, the figure of Our Lady of the Incarnation coming down the street, local sports tournaments, a beer fest, music performances and comedians on stage.
HOTELS IN COSTA ADEJE
Hotels in Costa Adeje
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador
From 152€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Salomé
From 205€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Las Dalias
From 43€ person/night (Taxes included)view more
IBEROSTAR Torviscas Playa
From 53€ person/night (Taxes included)view more