Sailing, kitesurfing and golf are the main attractions for active travel fans in Chiclana. However, hiking and cycle touring have been growing lately. Find out what sports you can engage in when you visit Chiclana.
Sports in Chiclana
- Kayak rides to the island of Sancti Petri: From the marina in Sancti Petri you can take a kayak to reach the island of Sancti Petri. An easy ride in safe, comfortable vessels recommended for families with kids.
- Hiking across Bahía de Cádiz Nature Park: There are numerous hiking trails across Cádiz Bay. From Chiclana you can take beautiful trails through the salt marshes of Carboneros and Punta del Boquerón. In the park you can go cycling or canoeing too.
- Sailing lessons in Chiclana: The marina in Sancti Petri hosts one of the best sailing schools in Cádiz Bay. There are one-week courses for beginners or more experienced sailors, and courses for children.
- Kitesurfing in Chiclana: On La Barrosa, to the left-hand side of the sea promenade, there is the kitesurfing area. This is the king of sports on the coast of Cádiz. Other kitesurfing spots near Chiclana are Cabo Trafalgar and Caños de Meca.
- Golf next to La Barrosa: Chiclana has five golf courses. The newest one is Novo Sancti Petri, designed by Severiano Ballesteros, with 36 holes in a beautiful setting in the middle of a pine forest, very close to La Barrosa beach.