Hotels in Cayo Los Ensenachos
In Cayo Ensenachos, sports are closely linked to the magnificent Caribbean landscapes and their native plants and animals. The area is ideal for water sports on Buenavista bay and hiking. The area known as ‘Cayos de la Herradura’ is a unique spot where you can sail down the canals connecting the many little islands.
Sports in Cayo Ensenachos
- Sailing on Buenavista Bay: Heavenly beaches and an impossibly calm Caribbean Sea make an inviting setting for sailors. Sailing here as you face the coast of Cuba can be an unforgettable and truly relaxing experience. In Cayo Ensenachos, between Mégano and Ensenachos beaches, there is a fully-equipped marina offering all you need to enjoy the sea while doing sports, including sailboats for rent.
- Diving in the Cuban keys: The calm and clear water in this part of Cuba, around Cayos de la Herradura, attracts lots of divers and snorkelers. You can rent your gear in Cayo Ensenachos or even take part in group tours showing the most amazing underwater spots in the Caribbean. There are as many as 24 sights of interest in the area.
- Horseback riding in Cayo Ensenachos: There is a haven for horse lovers in Cayo Ensenachos, a place with dozens of unbeaten paths to go horse riding. Besides routes for amateurs, there are group tours for all ages, showing the natural settings in this part of the island – on horseback.
- Hiking in Villa Clara: Together with the keys, but on the other side of Buenavista bay, Villa Clara has some of the best hiking spots in Cuba. The area is very quiet, with beautiful, unspoilt landscapes and multiple trails.
- Cycle touring in Cayo Ensenachos: There are cycling routes along the coastline or the causeway available for cycle tourers to give free rein to their cycling passion in an environment that is quite different from everything they must have seen before: kilometres on end by the Caribbean Sea, forests, unspoilt land and little villages revealing the most genuine Cuban essence.