Hotels in Cayo Coco
The beaches on Cayo Coco enjoy well-deserved fame, courtesy of their fine white sand, the surrounding mangroves and coconut trees, and the water boasting a thousand blue and green shades. They are like Heaven on Earth in Cuba. Nature, peace and the best services come together in this wonderful place where getting lost is a luxury experience.
Main beaches on Cayo Coco
- Playa Larga (Long beach): As the name indicates, this long, almost 3km beach from Punta Rasa to Peñón de las Coloradas features shiny white sand. It is one of the most popular on Cayo Coco. The typical beach bar by the sea serves fish in traditional recipes.
- Las Coloradas beach: Las Coloradas played a key role in history: it was the beach chosen by Fidel Castro to get off his craft Granma during the Cuban Revolution. It is a long, 2.5km white-sand tongue in the east of Cayo Coco, sheltered by the beautiful El Bagá Nature Park.
- Flamenco beach: Lying to the east of Punta del Cuerno, this cosy sandy beach invites visitors to lie back and soak up the Caribbean sun and atmosphere in the leafy shade of the surrounding vegetation. Its crystal-clear water is ideal for water sports.
- La Jaula beach: This huge, 2.7km-long stretch of sand offers calm, shallow waters and dunes populated with native plants in a heavenly unspoilt environment to get away from it all. Offering all kinds of facilities and services nearby, it draws lots of divers.
- Cayo Guillermo beach: Also known as ‘Playa Pilar’, this large, 13km-long beach features the highest dunes in the Caribbean. It is a dreamlike place to unwind in the sun or in the shelter of the coconut trees, or take a bath in the calm sea, rocked by the breeze. The beach on Cayo Guillermo is ideal for families and couples, while the underwater world and coral reefs attract diving enthusiasts.